Curse of Strahd
Crazy, telepathic warlock.
Class: Warlock (Pact of the Great Old One)/10
CN Male Tiefling
Age Unknown, but younger than middle aged
Speed: 30 ft.
Damage Resistances: Fire, Psychic
- Eldritch Blast + 9 (2d10+4 force damage)
- Dagger + 6 (1d4+2 piercing damage)
- Quarterstaff + 6 (1d6+2 bludgeoning damage; versatile 1d8)
- Strength: 15 (+2)
- Dexterity: 14 (+2)
- Constitution: 12 (+1)
- Intelligence: 12 (+1)
- Wisdom: 8 (- 1 / +3)
- Charisma: 19 (+ 4/ +9)
- Arcana +5
- History +5
- Deception +7
- Intimidation +7
- Darkvision 60 ft. (Racial)
- Hellish Resistance (Racial): Resist Fire
- Infernal Legacy (Racial): Gain Thaumatergy as a bonus cantrip; cast Hellish Rebuke as a 2nd level spell 1/day.
- Spell Sniper (Feat): Ignore Half Cover with ranged spells, attack spells’ range is doubled, learn an attack cantrip.
- Awakened Mind: Telepathy out to 30 ft.
- Agonizing Blast, Invocation: Add Charisma modifier to Eldritch Blast damage.
- Armor of Shadows, Invocation: Cast Mage Armor at-will without spending a Warlock spell slot.
- Mire of the Mind: Cast Slow once a day using a Warlock spell slot.
- Pact of the Tome
- One with Shadows: When you are in an area of dim light or darkness, you can use your action to become invisible until you move or take an action or a reaction.
- Sculptor of Flesh: You can cast Polymorph once using a warlock spell slot. You can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.
- Whispers of the Grave: You can cast Speak with Dead at will without expending a Warlock spell slot.
- Thought Shield: Your thoughts can’t be read by telepathy or any other means unless you allow it. You also gain Resistance to Psychic damage, and whenever a creature deals psychic damage to you, it takes the same amount of damage.
- Wand of the War Mage +1: This wand was crafted for the ancient war wizards of an ancient empire. While using this wand, you gain a +1 bonus to spell attack rolls. In addition, you ignore half cover making a spell attack.
- Cantrips: Thaumaturgy, Eldritch Blast, Poison Spray, Dancing Lights, Message, Ray of Frost, Chill Touch, True Strike
2 Spell Slots/Day
- _1st Level: Witchbolt [Cast as a 5th level spells]
- _2nd Level: Cloud of Daggers [Cast as a 5th level spell]
- 3rd Level_: Fly, Hunger of Hadar, Clairvoyance [All cast as 5th level spells]
*_4th Level: Blight
- 5th Level: Scrying, Contact Other Plane, Hold Monster, Dream
This strange tiefling is about 6’04” and gaunt; he’s wiry and thin. He’s a tiefling, with soft red skin, black hair and sharp yellow eyes that constantly dart around, like he’s constantly expecting something to leap out at him from a shadow. He’s dressed in simple, dark clothing and wrings his hands together. He tends to wear a hood and smells faintly of smoke.
Duo is very strange and off-putting, usually making others around him uneasy, even party members. He is not sociable nor does he recognize social cues or norms.
He is naturally curious about the world and what lies outside it, and it was this curiosity that led him to his current predicament. His memory is spotty and unreliable, and he does not tend to notice things in his environment; he’s easily distracted and side-tracked.
He does not remember his name, and goes only by Duo. He never refers to himself as “I”, instead using “we”.
Duo is broken, physically and mentally. He often communicates with a voice only he can hear, and their relationship seems to be primarily antagonistic in nature, as they constantly bicker. The voice does seem to be helpful, however. It seems as if a different personality takes over in times of danger or high stress, as his voice lowers several octaves.
Having been homeless and alone for so long, Duo cares for his friends, as they’re not something he usually has or is used to having. He would do anything for Elizabeth, even die for her. Of all the members of the party, Duo is the least concerned, confused or afraid of the things happening to them.