Curse of Strahd
Mysterious vistani fortune teller.
Female Human (Vistani)
30 years old
In the Campaign:
Chapter 2: Welcome to Barovia
Madame Eva was mentioned by both Alenko and Ismark as somebody Elizabeth could talk to in order to find the answers she seeks.
Chapter 3: The Fortune Teller
After Elizabeth and her company arrived at the vistani’s Tsere Pool camp, Madame Eva met with Elizabeth privately and performed a tarokka reading, regarding where Edward Talbot was and how they could defeat Strahd: they had to find three items and then find an ally who would help them destroy the Devil of Ravenloft.
1. 6 of Stars, the Evoker: “This card tells of history. Knowledge of the ancient will help you better understand your enemy. The treasure is hidden in a castle beneath a mountain, guarded by amber giants.”
2. 2 of Swords, the Paladin: “This card tells of a powerful force for good and protection, a symbol of great hope. It lies in a dragon’s house, in hands once clean and now corrupted.”
3. 4 of Stars, the Abjurer: This is a card of power and strength. It tells of a weapon of vengeance; sunlight itself. I see a dead village, drowned by a river, ruled by one who has brought great evil into the world."
4. The Innocent: “Even with the treasures, you cannot defeat the Devil alone. There is an ally, one who will help you inspire Borovia to fight back. Look for an entertaining man with a monkey. This man is more than he seems.”
5. The Artifact: _"This card tells where the final battle with occur; your quest will end, with your enemies’ destruction or your own. I see a place in darkness where the morning light once shone—a sacred place."
After the reading, Madame Eva gave Elizabeth a bag containing 11 magic beans before sending her back out to the camp, promising she will see her once again before the end.
Madame Eva is a beautiful but cold woman, wise beyond her years. She has an almost otherworldly aura and her clairvoyant ability makes it difficult to be among others.
She is not the most open person and tends to speak cryptically, and in riddles. She believes in the futures her cards reveal and she knows more than she lets on. But so much does she believe in the futures she sees that she will not reveal anything to someone before it is time for them to know.
She knows your story and she knows her role in it. She will do nothing more and nothing less.