Curse of Strahd
Elven huntsman and woodland guide.
CG Male Wood Elf
126 years old
Speed: 35 ft. / 70 ft. w/Boots of Speed
Immunities: Poison, Natural Disease
- Magic Longbow + 10 (1d8+6 piercing damage)
- Quarterstaff + 6 (1d6+3 bludgeoning damage; versatile 1d8)
- Strength: 15 (+2)
- Dexterity: 20 (+5)
- Constitution: 11 (+0)
- Intelligence: 12 (+1/ +5)
- Wisdom: 20 (+5/ +9)
- Charisma:13 (+1)
- Athletics +6
- Nature +5
- Animal Handling +8
- Perception +8
- Survival +8
- Elven Weapon Training, Herbalism Kit, Flute
- SPECIAL ABILITIES*
- Wild Shape (2/day): Magically assume the shape of an animal, up to 1/2 CR, with no fly speed. You can stay in beat form for a number of hours equal to half your Druid level. Automatically revert to elf form when you reach 0 HP. Statistics are replaced by the animal’s, but you retain alignment, personality and mental attributes. Assume the beast’s HP. Can’t cast spells but retain other Druid features.
CIRCLE OF THE LAND
- Natural Recovery: During a short rest, restore spent spell slots up to half your druid level (rounded up).
- Land’s Stride: Moving through nonmagical difficult terrain costs no extra movement. You can also pass through nonmagical plants without being slowed by them and without taking damage from them if they have thorns, spines or a similar hazard. In addition, you have advantage on saving throws against plants that are magically created or manipulated to impede movement, such as those created by the entangle spell.
- Nature’s Ward: You can’t be charmed or frightened by elementals or fey and you are immune to poison and disease.
- Cantrips: Produce Flame, Druidcraft, Mending, Thorn Whip
- 1st Level: (4/day) Goodberry, Speak with Animals, Entangle, Create or Destroy Water, Animal Friendship, Thunderwave
- 2nd Level: (3/day) Animal Messenger, Moonbeam, Locate Animals or Plants, Enhance Ability; Barkskin/Spider-Climb
- 3rd Level: (3/day) Speak with Plants, Conjure Animals, Daylight, Wind Wall; Plant Growth, Call Lightning, Dispel Magic
- 4th Level: (2/day) Conjure Woodland Beings, Giant Insect, Ice Storm,
- 5th Level: (2/day) Wall of Stone, Insect Plague, Awaken, Conjure Elemental; Commune with Nature, Tree Stride
- Enchanted Longbow: This longbow, crafted many centuries ago by the ancient elves who once inhabited Barovia Valley, is enchanted, seeming to respond to Calos’ thoughts and instincts, enabling him to strike faster and more accurately.
- Boots of Speed: These boots, when you click your heels together twice, you can move twice your landspeed.
Calos is a wood elf with long black hair that he does not style nor adorn with decoration. He has intricate tattoos up his arms and small tattoos that remind you of twisting branches or a deer’s antlers under his eyes. He’s dressed in tattered leather and some furs with fingerless gloves and elven-made shoes of dark green leather, though he seems to retain his lithe figure and full range of motion. He has a grim demeanor, and it seems, little patience for pleasentries.
Calos is an elf of few words and remarkable skill. Blessed with the ancient elven magics, with influence over beasts and plants, as well as the ability to communicate with the land itself.
Calos dislikes cities and machines, preferring the quiet of the woodlands. He cares little for wealth or society’s rules, preferring deeds over arbitrary titles. He will not give you respect unless you earn it.